NZCSE Level 2 Description
This certificate is primarily, but not exclusively, for Class 11 students who have moved through three years of the Steiner high school curriculum, participating in a range of compulsory components, and who are wishing to have certified their achievements in the whole of the year’s learning programme, which includes compulsory courses.
Graduates of NZCSE Level 2 will be able to:
- Develop a reflective questioning approach to phenomena and opinion.
- Develop moral, ethical and personal standards for common life situations.
- Apply in-depth knowledge, skills and understandings from a defined range of core and elective subjects and activities.
- Apply numeracy and literacy skills required for tertiary study across a defined range of subjects.
To attain the NZCSE Level 2, students must have achieved a minimum total of 50 points, comprising:
A minimum of 18 points in Core Learning Outcomes with:
- At least one LO from each of the six compulsory groups: English, Social Sciences, General Sciences, Mathematics, Visual Arts/Crafts, and Music/Movement, and:
A further minimum of 32 points in any of the LOs which may include:
- Up to ten points from NZCSE Level 1 and/or any number of Level 3 Learning Outcomes, or up to five points (eight credits) from approved NZQF standards at Level 2 or above.
For evidence of literacy and numeracy to University Entrance standard, the student enrolled for the NZCSE Level 2 can achieve:
- four points in approved (UELW) literacy (writing) Learning Outcomes at Level 2 (or above)
- four points in approved (UELR) literacy (reading) Learning Outcomes at Level 2 (or above)
- nine points in approved numeracy (UEN) Learning Outcomes at Level 1 or above.
The NZCSE Level 2 certificate will be endorsed with the words “Highly Commended” when the student has gained 30 SSC points or more, at the level or higher, at Merit or Excellence.
The NZCSE Level 2 certificate will be endorsed with the words “with Distinction” when the student has gained 30 SSC points or more, at the level or higher, at Excellence.