NZCSE Level 3 Description
This certificate is primarily, but not exclusively, for Class 12 students who have moved through four years of the Steiner high school curriculum, participating in a range of compulsory and elective components, and who are wishing to have certified their achievements in the whole of the year’s learning programme, which includes compulsory courses.
Graduates of this qualification will be able to:
- Be independent life-long learners who are able to self-reflect and take initiative when required.
- Apply well-developed moral, ethical and personal standards to a range of life situations.
- Apply knowledge, skills and understandings from a defined range of compulsory core disciplines in a wide range of educational contexts.
- Apply knowledge, skills and understandings from a range of self-chosen elective subjects across a broad range of educational contexts.
- Apply public presentation and display skills in a wide range of contexts.
- Research and analyse new and/or abstract data and situations with minimal guidance, using a range of techniques appropriate to a subject area.
To achieve the NZCSE Level 3, students must have achieved a total of 50 points, comprising:
- A minimum of 18 points against Core Learning Outcomes (with at least one LO from each of the four groups: Humanities, General Sciences, Class 12 Project and the Arts, and:
- A further minimum of 32 points against Elective LOs.
- The NZCSE Level 3.
- nine points in one approved subject area.
- nine points in a second subject area.
- nine points across a third subject area.
- Minimum four points in approved (UELW) literacy (writing) Learning Outcomes at Level 2 or above.
- Minimum four points in approved (UELR) literacy (reading) Learning Outcomes at Level 2 or above.
- Minimum nine points in approved numeracy (UEN) Learning Outcomes at Level 1 or above.
To achieve University Entrance, the student must have achieved:
Up to five equivalent points (eight credits or approximately 80 notional hours of learning) of this qualification may be attained from other Level 3 (or above) approved NZQF standards.
The NZCSE Level 3 will be endorsed with the words “Highly Commended” when the student has gained 35 points or more at Merit or Excellence (maximum of ten points of these from compulsory Learning Outcomes).
The NZCSE Level 3 certificate will be endorsed with the words “with Distinction” when the student has gained 35 SSC points or more at Excellence (maximum of ten points of these from compulsory Learning Outcomes).