NZCSE Level 1 Description
The target student is primarily, but not exclusively, Class 10 (Year 11 NZ) students who have moved through two years of the Steiner high school curriculum, and who are wishing to have certified their achievements in the whole of the year's learning programme, which is made up predominantly of compulsory courses.
Graduates of NZCSE Level 1 will be able to:
- Develop a balanced approach in dealing with polarities and the relationships between the inner and outer worlds.
- Apply knowledge, skills and understandings in a defined range of compulsory subjects.
- Transfer learning across a range of situations.
- Solve familiar problems in supervised contexts.
- Apply foundation literacy and numeracy skills in a range of contexts.
To attain Level 1, students must have achieved a minimum total of 50 points, comprising:
Any of the Learning Outcomes with at least one LO from each of the first six Core subject areas:
- Social Sciences
- General Sciences
- Arts/Crafts/Technology and
- At least five points from the Literacy and five points from the Numeracy foundation requirements.
- Any number of points from NZCSE Level 2 and/or Level 3 Learning Outcomes, or up to five points (eight credits) from approved NZQF standards at Level 1 or above.
For evidence of numeracy to University Entrance standard, the student enrolled for the NZCSE Level 1 can achieve:
- nine points in approved numeracy (UEN) Learning Outcomes at Level 1 or above.
The NZCSE Level 1 certificate will be endorsed with the words “Highly Commended” when the student has gained 30 points or more, at the level or higher, at Merit or Excellence.
The NZCSE Level 1 certificate will be endorsed with the words “with Distinction” when the student has gained 30 points or more, at the level or higher, at Excellence.